Image Map

Sunday, June 30, 2013

July Currently (what is trending right now?)

I can't believe it is almost JULY!! I love July because it is one month closer to my birthday in August! My mom's birthday is in July and who can forget the 4th of JULY! This year I am going to my friends cottage and going to another country concert on the 5th! :) I will be blogging about that soon! I also start tutoring this month--can't wait to help students with both Math and my favorite ELA skills over the summer! How can I forget Brad Paisley concert AND Toby Keith concerts this month ;)



This month is extra special because I am going to Boston for the week at the end of the month to visit my sister --to see her new house, go see her wedding venue in Portsmouth, NH as well as their engagement party! ( I will be posting all the exciting trends for that at a later post!) My sister sent me a picture yesterday of her outfit and the text said "blog inspiration" so of course I have to share it with all of you (she is more of a fashionista then myself)
This outfit is super fun for going out to dinner or a special occasion in the summer! White and black is very classic and always on trend. Here she has a peplum black tank with white shorts and wedges to finish off the piece. To add a pop of color: wear a great necklace or earrings. Don't forget about a clutch or crossbody bag with color!


Now onto what I am Currently doing....

I wanted to link up today with Farley over at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade
She is so inspiring and I LOVE this idea of currently...


Listening-- I am not afraid to admit that I am obsessed with real housewives of orange county (the original reality tv on BRAVO)-- absolutely a guilty pleasure! I can't help but laugh at the way they act and the silly things they do and say and how scripted this "reality" is....I guess that's why they call in reality tv (because it is not really reality). But I don't mind even watching the reruns on the weekends--and who doesn't love all the drama!

Loving-- As I have mentioned before, I am LOVING summer vacation. This whole week was relaxing and fun. Bridal shower yesterday with my mom's side of the family...my cousin Nevin is getting married in September and Emilia's shower was yesterday! Everything at her shower was trending--so I just HAVE TO share with all of you!  It was so great to see my family and enjoy some delicious food and wine.
 Here were the party favors...PINTERST alert!!! "Nevin popped the question...and she said yes!" Beautiful and amazing idea :)
 Isn't this cake absolutely gorgeous-- and it was delicious.
 Tortellini with broccoli and tomatoes with an olive oil garlic sauce. To die for!


I am also LOVING when I get to spend some quality time with my two favorite dogs Charley and Riley!



Riley is back by the pillows he is 13 years old. Charley is the closest to you in the picture--he is just 4 years old! Aren't they just adorable---I am sure I will be talking about them a lot in my posts, I just can't get enough of them!!


Thinking--- I actually did go on a hour walk along the canal with my friend Meredith today. It was HOT--but well worth it :) As I was filling out my currently, my friend texted me, it was perfect timing!!
Wanting-- I am sure everyone is wanting this...but I WANT to go to FLORIDA! I just took my parents to the airport this morning and they are going to be in Florida for the week---so jealous of them!! We have a house down there near Venice and its beautiful. I want to be relaxing by the pool or going to the beach (looking for sharks teeth)...I hope to go at the end of August before schools starts up again. Fingers crossed !

Needing-- I need a good facial for summer sun, especially one with exfoliation. I may just have to treat myself (maybe an early birthday present?!?) Also I am needing a new outfit---of course right? I am working at LOFT today (so maybe there will be something amaze there to pick up!) I can never have enough summer dresses in my closet!!

Tips, Tricks or hints-- be bold, be italic, never regular. I thought this was catching and really goes with my "pop of color" inspired blog. However, I always believe that when it comes down to it--be you! I am so excited to be sharing all my thoughts and ideas on this blog with each and everyone of you!

I also want to link up with Diane at Fifth in the Middle  She is hosted a wonderful linky where bloggers link up by state!  Thank you Holly at  Fourth Grade Flipper  who suggested it to me! Amazing--I cannot wait to see all the other bloggers from NY. Go check it out and link up for your state!

7 comments:

  1. Hey! Just found you on the link up! :)

    A facial sounds amazing - I have never had one!

    I am your newest follower!

    Kourtney
    kourtneypayton83@gmail.com
    paytonspreciouskindergarteners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for following me!!
      Facials are great to just rejuvenate the skin-- you should try one!

      Delete
  2. That cake is BEAUTIFUL! And...the dogs are adorable!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Cake was from Butterfly Confections in Rochester NY
      and thank you --I love them!

      Emily

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet tip. :) Your dogs are adorable. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandee. Yes they are adorable-love them so much!

      Emily

      Delete
  4. Charley and Riley!! How cute! What kind of dogs are they? Did you see the pic of the new puppy we are getting in two weeks? I'm so excited!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete