Image Map

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer is finally here and an update on the past month! :)

Wow June flew by and I was soooo crazy busy I didn't have a chance to blog.

So much has been going on I don't even know where to start. So I will do a recap since I last blogged :)


End of the year gifts for my students (briefly...since I want to talk about my summer thus far) There will be plenty of posts later in July and August about my classroom!



Thank goodness it is summer vacation..I was SUPER jealous of all you bloggers out there that were out of school in May or early June. I was at school until JUNE 27TH! Yeah that's right....the 27th as in 3 days before JULY. That was basically the week before 4th of July (hence why it is July 8th and I am finally blogging).

OK so first ---some exciting news that I can't wait to share with all you teachers out there.... I am now a 4th grade teacher!!! I will be moving classrooms and changing positions (same school and it is actually right down the hall) BUT--I will no longer be working in special education (yes I am sad to leave but excited about this new opportunity in my district)...and I will have my own 4th grade classroom. I CANNOT WAIT (I started my teaching career as a 4th grade teacher and I am happy to be going back) Can you tell how excited I am?! ha
So all you 4th grade blogging buddies out there---any advice?!?!



So right after school got out about 10 teachers drove to Ellicottville (about an hour away) for a little getaway  overnight!! It was a long year and we deserved it!!! haha or at least we thought so :) It was a wonderful weekend shopping, eating and laying by the pool! Don't forget to look at that view.



Summer concert update : I have already been to the Taste of Country and Brad Paisley. Jason Aldean is this week...can't wait :)

















Some of my favorite things about summer:

a delicious breakfast: iced coffee and a bagel with cream cheese! YUMMM


Summer bonfire...can't complain :)
 This is an absolutely amazing S'More...a pie iron. I couldn't even begin to describe how delicious it is! A regular s'more taken to the next level.
 A must have for summer.. crisp and refreshing sangria :)
 My favorite flowers...hydrangeas



 I can't have enough sushi..I could eat it every day if I had to :) my favorite is spicy tuna or shrimp tempura!












I also enjoy spending time with friends and going to the beach !!


Aww..what a cute picture at the beach :)

My newest obsession is Paint Nite. I went to one in NYC for a best friend's bachelorette. I didn't think I could paint at all..but it didn't turn out so bad. So i decided I wanted to do another one with my boyfriend :)

 How amazing are these paintings...we are real Picassos! ha

While we were there...I ran into some sorority sisters from my chapter as well as another chapter (it was an event!) I was so surprised and excited! I am joining the Sigma Kappa Buffalo Chapter and can't wait to meet more girls!















Since I didn't write a July 4th post...I will add it here.


Can't have a summer party without a Sangria...Independence Day style. 
 If you know me at all...nails have to coordinate. So a last minute mani did the job.


My first trip (that I can remember..unless I went when I was 5?!) to Dairy Queen.. I had the baby and Dan had the large haha
<3
 Melissa and I ...so festive :)







Before the fireworks!!










Being MIA for awhile really puts me behind on the newest trends in the blogging world..thank goodness I came back in time to see Blog Hoppin and their BlogHoppin2014 Scavenger Hunt. What a fun fun idea for summer!! I already at 33 posts to Instagram. There are 200 items on the scavenger hunt and in order to win prizes you need to snap 105 photos and upload to instagram using the hashtag and the bloghopping2014 sign. Check out the Blog Post here to join in the fun!


Okay that is all for now..sorry for the long post! I will post regularly now that I have time :)

Look for updates on Trending Closet and Trending Classroom as I update both this summer :)

Don't forget about my weekly link up Fabulist Friday!!! I will be starting it again this Friday so don't miss out!



No comments:

Post a Comment