- Link back to the blog that nominated me.
- Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about myself.
- Create 11 questions for my nominees.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Contact my nominees to let them know that I nominated them.
Now--I'm not sure if I am supposed to nominate 5-11 more blogs and give another 11 random facts?? So...just check out my latest blog post here if I have to nominate more I will..does anyone know how that works?!?!
Here are my 5 Nominees:
1. Julia @ Lattes and Laughter
2. Sara @ The Aspiring Teacher
3. Rachel @ Learning to Teach in the Rain
4. Mr. G @ Teaching 3rd with Mr. G
5. Amanda @ My Shoe String Life
The Questions I have to answer:
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I started blogging because I was constantly looking on pinterest and TpT for ideas and materials..and everytime I clicked it brought me to another amazing blog. I wanted a place that I could share my thoughts and ideas!
- Have you always wanted to be a teacher? Yes-- without a doubt. I have known since I was in 2nd grade...and haven't turned back!
- What is your favorite non-teaching website? My favorite non-teaching website would be another blog called cupcakes and cashmere OR a piece of toast...both of these are fashion blogs and I love them!!
- Do you have pets, children, or both? How many? I do not have any children..or pets of my own. Except I considered my parents 2 dogs my own haha. They have a cockapoo and a havanese!
- What goals do you have for summer? My goals for this summer are to organize my curriculum work for the modules we are teaching next year and to get my TpT store up and running...I'm so nervous about it!!
- What was the year, make, and model of your first car? I don't remember the year somewhere in the 2000s...but it was a jeep grand cherokee..fire red. LOVED IT!!
- Have you always taught the grade that you teach now? This was my first full time teaching position this year...4th, 5th 6th special ed...last year I had a part time teaching position teaching 4th grade...so the answer is pretty much yes. haha
- What do you like to do when you aren't teaching/grading/lesson planning? i really like to cook or read or SHOP haha and spend time with my family/dogs.
- Out of all of the places that you might have lived, which is your favorite? my hometown, pittsford, ny. I love it there.
- What is your must-have accessory for your work outfits? My vera bradley lanyard that holds my ID badge..I have a different one for every season (colors are different).
- What has been your least favorite vacation destination? Why? I don't know if I have a least favorite!! But anywhere with snow...i don't ski or snowboard haha
Okay-- now 11 random facts about me :)
1. I am a twin! I have a twin brother ( No we are not identical)-- we used to get asked that all the time!! haha. He lives in buffalo, ny. One crazy story--when he pulled is hip, I felt it at the exact time it happened! (Crazy twin thing right?!--only time that has happened though!)
2. I LOVE Essie nail polish-- I have a bit of an obsession and always have to have my nails painted. I even take those classic nail polish pictures and post them to instagram, twitter and even pinterest haha (see it is an obsession)!
3. I am super organized and have to have everything is a specific place...I even know when something is out of place or missing (OCD a little). This goes for school stuff, clothes, papers, anything and everything! My teaching assistant would laugh at me for some of the things I did throughout the year...all in good fun of course!
4. I absolutely hate mashed potatoes (un-american) YES I know--my family has told me this for years. But the Texture! Eww can't stand it haha My Thanksgiving plate consists of turkey with ketchup , corn, StoveTop stuffing only, and jello ha. No gravy and obviously no mashed potatoes.
5. I will only eat red meat if it is med-well or well done. I usually make a comment that says "I don't want it still mooing on the plate!" I will take chicken or fish over anything else!
6. I have probably close to or over 100 dresses-- for every occasion. I LOVE dresses at all times, in the summer with a maxi or in the winter with tights or leggings. Can't go wrong with a dress!
7. I love Country Music and find any time to listen to it. During the summer I go to as many country concerts as I can!! This year I will be seeing, Zac Brown Band, Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, John Mayer, Maroon 5..and a few more that I forgot!
8. I speak Spanish-- I'm actually certified to teach Spanish 7-12...I studied abroad in Valenica, Spain for a summer. It was amazing and I would go back in a heartbeat.
9. As I said before..I am super neat and organized, except for my bed (my mom always yelled at me to make my bed growing up--I never did) I still sometimes don't haha.
10. I am addicted to Pinterest..I probably am on it 10 times a day if not more.
11. I played Field Hockey in Highschool and College and was even a coach for a few years! I love the sport...The funniest comment I get about field hockey is that it is a very confusing sport to watch--the whistle blows ten thousand times a game and they don't know why! haha
Questions for my nominees:
Now the questions for you (my nominees) !!
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What technology do you use in your classroom?
3. If you could go on a dream vacation where would you go?
4. How many items do you have on TpT or TN?
5. What is one piece of clothing in your closet that you could never ever get rid of?
6. If you could change one thing about teaching what would it be?
7. Iphone or Droid?
8. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only bring 3 things..what would they be?
9. Have you ever been abroad to another country?
10. What was your favorite children's book OR if you had to choose one favorite book our of your classroom library now--what would it be and why?11. When did you decide to become a teacher and why?
Thanks again Carrie for the nomination :) I am truly blessed!