This is really thoughtful and now I am even more surprised that so many are starting to follow my blog!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? (I failed to mention this the first two times so here we go-- The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Welcome is my favorite of them all :) Blogging is about building a community and share ideas and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. I could not be happier to share my thoughts, ideas and pop of color with you all!
So this time around I am just going to answer Pam's questions!
1. How many pets do you have? I have 2 dogs (well they are really my parents) but I considered them my own :) Riley is a 13 year old Havanese Poodle Mix and Charley is a 4 year old Cocker Spaniel Poddle Mix :) Love them to death!
2. What memory from this past school year makes you smile? I smile everytime I think about my one student who joined us in January and came in with a "Bad attitude" and before you know it he was part of our classroom community and didn't want to leave.
3. What television show would you recommend for someone looking to start a new show? I would have to recommend Homeland...I believe it is on Showtime, but it is absolutely amazing! Can't wait for season 3!
4. How are you spending your summer? I am actually spending my summer home at my parents house...if I were to stay in my apartment near the school I teach, I would have to pay 1,000 a week...not happening haha.
5. If you were to do something other than teach, what would it be? Hmm....I have no idea, I have always wanted to be a teacher!! I would probably have to say something in fashion or design (personal stylist?!) haha
6. What is your favorite quote? "style is a way to say who you are without having to speak"
7. Do you have a favorite recipe? If so, what is it? Yes! Mexican Lasagna. No bake noodles, ground meat (cook first) , french fried onions, mexican cheese, Picante sauce, jalapenos... layer over the noodles and baked for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Delicious and easiest recipe ever.
8. What makes you smile? Thinking about the impact I make on my students
9. What is your favorite grade to teach? 4th!
10. What are you looking forward to in the upcoming school year? Trying out co-teaching for the first time for ELA in 5th grade
11. What is your favorite thing in your classroom? I am obsessed with my Classroom Library!!