Image Map

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tried It Tuesday- Go Noodle and More!

So I haven't had a chance to blog in a few days because I have been super busy...once you read this post (which is going to be quite long..sorry about that :/....you will understand why!!







First I am linking up with the wonderful Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried It Tuesday. It is so funny that her tried it tuesday was Go Noodle...mine is too!! I guess great minds think a like :) I have been reading a lot about Go Noodle on other blogs...and I just had to try it myself! My kids absolutely loved it..especially with testing being over..what a great way to end each day in resource room! I only have 4 students in resource room so it is a small group...but they definitely have a ton of fun!! I highly recommend if you haven't tried it...go download it now, your kids will thank you, I promise!

They LOVED the Sprints and the song LET IT GO (obviously).




I am also linking up with My Carolina Classroom for her first ever link up!! Timesaver Tuesdays ...... This link up is about saving time...because as teachers...we barely have any time anyways!! So my time saver this week is to organize materials for each subject ahead of time and color code them based on subject so when you go looking or materials for the week..everything is already there ready to go. I like to keep my desk as organized as possible so these 10 tray organizer carts are perfect!!



Red is Reading
Orange is Writing
Green is Math
Blue is Social Studies
Purple is Science






Now to link up from the weekend since I was so busy with Weekend Windback 
My weekend was so full of exciting things! First was one of my really good friend's BABY SHOWER. The theme was a rain shower...absolutely PERFECT in every way!
 Since she is having a baby girl everything was PINK and adorable. The cake was absolutely delicious...and the outside may look like fondant...but it isn't, just frosting! Amazing!













The tables were set perfectly with beautiful flowers in mason jars and pink napkins, straws and table cards.  I didn't take a picutre of the food..but you can see it in the background...yummy!

When we arrived..each place setting had "Wishes for Baby." We had to fill these out for what we would wish for for the baby! (It was a lot harder than it looked!!) haha Obviously I wrote down "I hope you appreciate your teachers" lol The mommy-to-be is also a teacher :)
 Look at how adorable these shower gifts are!!! Mommy-to-be loves pinterest just as much as I do.
The little cloud (rain shower) said from my shower...to yours! A loofa with a little shower gel bottle. LOVE
 While we were chatting with others at our table...there were obviously baby shower games to be played! The first was The Price Is Right..there were items on a table we had to guess the price that was paid for each and get a total..all the items totaled about 50$!











Mommy-to-be opening up my gift! The grey box cane be used in the baby's room for toys or whatever..found it at TJMaxx!
Such a fun shower with a wonderful friend and her soon to be baby girl!


Also over the weekend I went to a Japanese restaurant for hibachi! Sooo good but very filling!  
























I hope everyone had a wonderful CINCO DE MAYO! 
Also I hope everyone is enjoying Teacher Appreciation Week!!! I am so thankful for the teachers I work with :) Please make sure you enjoy the discounts at TPT and don't forget to check out my new TPT store!!!


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your TpT store! I followed you!
    TalesandTeacherisms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up!! Color coding is so simple... why didn't I think of that?!
    Glad that you are trying out Go Noodle. Just wait until your mascot (or whatever it's called) moves up a level. The kids will go crazy! Lastly, congrats on your TPT store! It is addicting. I'm a follower!

    See ya next Tuesday - bring a friend! ;)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely digging Go Noodle and my kiddos are too! Love that you use color coding for your classroom organization. I am particular about colors because they just make life easier. What an adorable baby shower. Haven't ever played a Price is Right game for baby items and I've been to a billion baby showers. I'll have to remember that one! Happy Appreciation Week to you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is it that we blogged about the same Tried It?!? I love how organized your color coded drawers are! :) How adorable those shower ideas are. You are so creative, friend! I love the dress you wore to the shower too! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love color coding! I have my "Turn In" bins color coded. That way I know what homework is in each bin! :)

    :) Steph
    http://simplesinsights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete